Cancer Diagnostic Evaluation
Dr. Jackson Gates, MD
Primary Care and Pathology Physician
Cancer Diagnostic Evaluation in Conyers, Georgia
With our advanced technology, we offer a 100% accuracy guarantee on our cancer diagnostic evaluations. Dr. Gates is committed to your well-being, and will do whatever it takes to provide you with quality care that matches your needs and expectations.
Dr. Jackson Gates offers cancer diagnostic evaluations in Conyers, Georgia and provides expert care to help you manage the condition and restore your health.
Cancer Diagnostic Evaluation FAQs
Cancer starts when cells in a part of the body start to grow out of control. Normally, cells grow and divide in an orderly fashion and then die at a certain point. But cancer cells don’t die and instead keep growing, forming lumps called tumors. The tumor can then invade nearby tissues or spread to other parts of the body (metastasis).
There are many factors that can cause cancer including genetics, lifestyle, environment, viruses or bacteria, etc.
The term “cancer” refers to more than 100 different diseases, each with its own set of causes and symptoms. However, there are some common factors that contribute to most cases:
- Exposure to carcinogens (cancer-causing substances) such as tobacco smoke, asbestos, benzene, arsenic, ultraviolet light from the sun;
- Having certain inherited genetic mutations;
- Injuries and inflammation that cause changes in healthy tissue
There are many ways that cancer may be diagnosed:
- A physical examination by a doctor
- A biopsy
- Imaging tests such as X-rays, CT scans, MRI scans
- Blood tests for certain proteins or genetic mutations
- A tissue sample from the tumor removed during surgery
Dr. Gates offers many primary care services that you can access conveniently from your home, such as:
- Virtual consultations
- Prescription refills
- Imaging and lab test reviews
Experience the Difference with Prime Care and Pathology
We provide advanced medical care with primary care and pathology services. Along with routine screenings, tests, and comprehensive diagnostic laboratory testing for many common conditions.